Archive for August, 2010
This is a very cool show on SpikeTV (in NA) that deals with the hypothetical situation of what if two different warriors from different times and locations met in battle – who would win? Unfortunately the viking loses to the samurai in this episode, but it’s still a great reference for viking weapon usage, and physical movements.
Click the logo below to watch the entire program.
Okay, it’s been a while, but I was able to make some small progress yesterday. Originally this shot just had the monk turn from the well, dropping his bucket and ladle, and running back toward the monastery to sound the alarm. Having thought about it a little more, I thought it would be much more dramatic for him to be shot down with arrows before reaching the monastery. Bows were not extremely common weapons for the vikings, but there is some evidence that they may have used those weapons occasionally, so I thought I could get away with it. I think it really improves the shot quite a bit.
Also, yes, I realize the monastery in the background is floating a little bit, but it’s not important enough to re-render, it’s just for placement right? haha…
- How to play Astra Itinera
- Bits of Blender #64 - Scene Linking Revisited
- Bits of Blender #63 - Lists in 2.69
- Sneak Peek: Blender Toolbar Tabs
- World’s first baby named after an open movie character
- Video: Project Red Strangelet
- Weekend Contest: The Bathroom
- Tutorial: Fake Depth of Field
- Blender Meetup: December 12, Nürnberg, Germany
- Video: Cornerstone Centre