Archive for December, 2010
Saw this segment in the Siggraph Asia 2010 Animation Festival promo video. Tracked down the source and it’s from the Civilization V Trailer. I just pulled out the relevant sequence which is 11 seconds long. It’s awesome because it provides some really high resolution and high quality references for many of the elements I hope to include in my short film. Great reference for the viking character, weaons, ship textures, ocean/waves, etc. Really exciting to find a commercial level clip that has so much source material that applies to my own project. Enjoy!
P.S. – if anyone knows which cg production company did the work on this trailer, please let me know!
The SaveTheOceanSim.com project has been making good progress on the new foam mask effect feature. Now starting to see test footage on animating the mask via a baking process. If you haven’t already seen this video have a look!
Matt has posted an early ocean sim animation test showing wave shapes and an early foam shader. Still in the works, but heading in the right direction. Check it out!
Good news, we have an early test build of the Ocean Sim branch now available for donors to download and try out! Access to the builds folder has been emailed to all current donors to the project.
There are builds available for Linux 32/64, Win 32/64, and OSX 10.5+. A big thanks to Martin Lubich, Caleb Joseph, and Hamed Zaghaghi for helping out with the extra builds!
Test Blend File
The test file oceantest.blend opens with a mesh set up using the Ocean Texture + Displacement Modifier. The Texture currently has more features developed than the Ocean Modifier.
Achievements to Date
• Realistic Ocean Wave displacement and movement in Blender 2.5! (cannot be understated)
• 2 Methods of Achieving this Displacement (Texture or Modifier)
• Foam Mask output from Ocean Texture to use with Materials and Textures (new)
• Decoupling of Ocean Sim Code from original texture so that future re-use with other tools like nodes will be much easier (not sexy but important, the node tool is likely to be much more powerful down the road!)
Read more at SaveTheOceanSim.com …
- Cycles Demoreel 2014
- Tutorial: How to Make Towels
- Image: Seasons
- Ton Roosendaal on Dutch National Radio
- Monument Valley, a Stunning iOS Game Designed With Blender
- Image: Twin “t” City
- Download: F12 Action Cache
- Model Download: Ivonova’s Fury
- Embracing the art of Parametric Creation in Blender With Sverchok
- Weekend Contest Winner: Organic Macro Inside Body