Saw this segment in the Siggraph Asia 2010 Animation Festival promo video. Tracked down the source and it’s from the Civilization V Trailer. I just pulled out the relevant sequence which is 11 seconds long. It’s awesome because it provides some really high resolution and high quality references for many of the elements I hope to include in my short film. Great reference for the viking character, weaons, ship textures, ocean/waves, etc. Really exciting to find a commercial level clip that has so much source material that applies to my own project. Enjoy!
P.S. – if anyone knows which cg production company did the work on this trailer, please let me know!
4 Comments to Great reference sequence from Civilization V trailer
Leave a Reply
- Image: Oblique
- Weekend Contest: ‘Half a League’
- Interview: Paul McManus on his ‘Render a Day’ Project
- Rebuilding Jerry Seinfeld’s Living Room for Oculus Rift in Blender
- Tutorial: Create a Brain Neuron Scene
- Publishing Animations to the Web with Verold Studio
- Blender 2.70 Release Candidate is Now Available
- Interview: Sean Kennedy on Blender in Hollywood
- Krita 2.8.0 Now Ready for Windows, adds Higher Performance and Viewing Quality
- Image: Triumph Bonneville Café Racer