Saw this segment in the Siggraph Asia 2010 Animation Festival promo video. Tracked down the source and it’s from the Civilization V Trailer. I just pulled out the relevant sequence which is 11 seconds long. It’s awesome because it provides some really high resolution and high quality references for many of the elements I hope to include in my short film. Great reference for the viking character, weaons, ship textures, ocean/waves, etc. Really exciting to find a commercial level clip that has so much source material that applies to my own project. Enjoy!
P.S. – if anyone knows which cg production company did the work on this trailer, please let me know!
4 Comments to Great reference sequence from Civilization V trailer
Leave a Reply
- Introduction to Baking in Cycles
- The Horror of Cycles Baking!
- New Cycles benchmark: BlenchMark
- Joining the cult of the "picky about equipment" techies
- Physically based rendering in the Blender Game Engine
- Robot Balloon - Houdini to Thea Render test
- Interview with Andy Goralczyk
- Planning a concrete skatepark with the help of Blender and Sketchfab
- New Sun Beams node is coming to Blender
- Reel: Fran Alburquerque